ESTA request for travel to California, New York or Las Vegas

If you want to go to California, New York or Las Vegas , whether for tourism or for business and that your trip is by sea or by air, it is advisable to check if your country benefits from the Program Visa Waiver. If this is the case and if your stay will not last more than three months, you will not need to apply for a visa to go to the United States. Indeed, all you will need is the ESTA travel authorization . In addition to this authorization, you will need to have an electronic or biometric passport that is valid for the duration of your stay in California, New York or Las Vegas. If your stay is longer than 90 days or your passport is not electronic or biometric, you will need to apply for a visa.


Application for ESTA travel authorization

usa-photoESTA is an electronic travel authorization system which can only be requested online. This system aims to enhance travel security in the United States by obtaining information about travelers even before their arrival in the United States. To apply for an ESTA authorization if you wish to go to California, New York or Las Vegas, all you have to do is go to a specialized site which can provide you, after validation of your form, with a official ESTA travel authorization.

The request consists of filling out a form and paying the fees corresponding to your request. Once the form is completed, all you have to do is wait for the response from the United States Department of Homeland Security . As the American authorities provide you with a definitive answer after a maximum of 72 hours, it is therefore advisable to apply for your ESTA authorization at least 72 hours before the date of your departure.


Information update

visa-b-telford-23rd-novOnce obtained, the ESTA authorization can be updated. Indeed, you can provide details about your trip. In the event that some of your data has changed, such as the email address or the telephone number, you will be able to update your authorization.

However, in the event that you change your name or passport, the travel authorization will no longer be valid. You will then have to submit a new request.